WE’RE RECRUITING FOR FINANCE DIRECTOR – RAE ENERGY
Job Title: Finance Director, North American Region
Company: RAE Energy
Location: Houston, TX
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer, RAE Energy
Travel requirements: 10% to 20% of the time.
Start Date: Position open
RAE Energy is a global Energy Services Company headquartered in London, England with offices in countries worldwide. A privately owned company, RAE Energy has an aggressive but realistic growth plan designed to grow revenues significantly by the end of 2015. This objective will be reached through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
RAE has quickly developed a very strong brand and reputation worldwide. They have skilled employee’s deploying world class technology and equipment to ensure unparalleled contract execution. The company believes people are a key to its continued success and aggressively invests in their development and well-being.
Description of the position
The Finance Director, reporting to the CFO, RAE Energy, is a key, influential member of the leadership team and is responsible for the development, implementation and management of the company’s North American financial and commercial management strategy. This role also plays a significant role in the assessment and integration of acquisitions, a key element of the company’s growth strategy.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a hands-on finance executive with a proven track record of sound fiscal management, who can use financial information to improve business decision making, demonstrates an above average understanding of key compliance elements, clearly exhibits strong business acumen, develops strong relationships and is a role model for engaging and leading others.
- Lead all financial functions including Accounting, Tax, Treasury and Planning.
- Play a key role in the Merger and Acquisition activities, leading the due-diligence and post-merger integration of functional areas under his/her responsibility.
- Direct the overall financial plans and accounting practices. Oversee financial and accounting system controls and standards, and ensure accurate and timely financial and statistical reports.
- Proactively work with the executive team to develop annual business plans and operating budgets. Coordinate the preparation and distribution of budget templates, analyse budgeting revenues and expenses, prepare and distribute budget reports.
- Establish metrics that evaluate performance levels and identify potential business challenges.
- Analyse operational performance, budgetary issues, and financial performance at macro and micro levels and help develop plans to anticipate and address problem areas, deviations, and/or shortfalls.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs. Optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance, as well, provide sound counsel on the financial implications of business decisions.
- Maintain compliance by evaluating, monitoring, and reporting on internal control policies and procedures.
- Lead the analysis and provide direction on all risk management issues, including insurance, pension and benefits plans, real state decisions, etc.
- Support the regional leadership team in all aspects of the commercial process; business planning and execution, market analysis, pricing and contracting
Desired Skills and Experience:Education and /experience
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in senior finance and/or accounting position, ideally for a geographically diverse organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or finance required. Master’s degree, MBA and/or CPA is a plus.
Behavioural / Professional Skills
- Hands on leader who acts with integrity and credibility.
- Leadership and organizational management skills including team-building and staff supervision; ability to partner with executive team to develop and implement prudent financial management strategies.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality and ability to successfully work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to communicate financial concepts and analysis effectively, concisely and simply.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks of varying priorities and function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid experience in M&A, particularly in leading due-diligence and post-merger integration processes.
- Ability to understand and communicate the implications of key financial metrics on the business.
- Strong analytical skills, with outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to operationalize a vision.
- More than an accountant; displays a demonstrated passion for making a significant, lasting impact on the business
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org