We’re Recruiting For AUT Operator-UT Quality – A RAE Energy Company
Job Title: AUT Operator-Multiple openings
Company: UT Quality – A RAE Energy Company
Reports to: Operations Manager, UT Quality
Travel requirements: Extensive
Start Date: Position open
RAE Energy is a global Energy Services Company headquartered in London, England with offices in countries worldwide. A privately owned company, RAE Energy has an aggressive but realistic plan designed to grow revenues significantly by 2015. This objective will be reached by growing its existing businesses and through strategic acquisitions.
UT Quality is a leader in the NDT industry, providing inspection services across the globe. We employ well trained, skilled employees utilizing world-class technology and equipment, providing unparalleled project execution. The company believes people are key to its continued success and is aggressively investing in their development.
Description of the position
The AUT Operator will set up and operate Phased Array AUT and MUT equipment to inspect new pipeline girth welds. The work is field based and may be for onshore or offshore projects around the world. While utilizing their specific skill set to complete the required work, the AUT Operator will demonstrate interpersonal, organizational and communication skills to interact effectively with other people, both inside and outside the company.
The AUT Operator will be responsible for inspecting and dispositioning welds based on pre-defined criteria in support of project deliverables and customer requirements.
The AUT operator will use a zonal discrimination AUT system, supplemented with MUT equipment for inspecting pipeline girth welds. This spans from procedure review, to initial equipment setup, to operating the equipment at the job site, to completing accurate and timely reports.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Education and /experience
- Qualified as Level II UT technician to ISO 9712 / EN 473 standard or equivalent (PCN, ACCP etc).
- Minimum two years hands-on experience as an AUT operator, onshore or offshore.
- Experience with the UTScan or Weldstar AUT systems is an advantage although not essential (training will be provided).
- Must be able to read and write in English, perform basic mathematical calculations, learn and comprehend company policies, procedures, and safety instructions.
- Ability to use standard software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States or be able to fulfill all requirements for a company sponsored Visa.
- To be considered for the position, all candidates must hold a current offshore medical certificate or be able to undergo and pass a medical examination which classifies them as medically fit to work in the offshore environment.
Behavioural / Professional Skills
- Works safely, will not compromise their safety or the safety of other workers.
- Attention to detail is critical – must take pride in their work with a passion for accuracy.
- Must be willing to attend training as required to ensure competence with equipment and technology.
- Understands the role of a customer service company.
- Strong verbal, written skills; proficiency in technical report writing an asset.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and schedules.
- Willingness to travel and stay away from home for long periods is a prerequisite.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org